In preparation for The Honda Indy™ 200 at Mid-Ohio on August 5-7, 2011, Team Penske and Dale Coyne Racing will be testing at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course on Wednesday, June 29.
For the first time in years, this test day will be open to the public from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Fans wishing to attend the test may go to Gate 3 to enter the grounds and are permitted to watch the action from the Keyhole or the Infield. Further information and an access map will be distributed to fans when they arrive. Please note that the teams are expected to take a break from noon - 1 p.m. so there will not likely be cars on track during that time. Fans are welcome to bring food and/or coolers as concessions will not be open at any time during the day.
Drivers Expected to Test
– Currently leading the Road Course Championship standings and second overall. Was on pole at Mid-Ohio in 2010; by doing so, clinched the first ever Mario Andretti Road Course Championship with one race remaining.
– Won The Honda Indy™ 200 at Mid-Ohio in 2008 and has been on pole once at the Lexington, Ohio track.
– Has two poles and finished on the podium for three out of the four IZOD IndyCar Series races at Mid-Ohio. Also has two wins at the track competing in CART.
– Has never competed at Mid-Ohio.
– Finished 5th at Mid-Ohio in a 2003 CART race.
– Earned pole position in a 2007 Indy Pro Series (Firestone Indy Lights) race.
The Honda Indy™ 200 at Mid-Ohio Past Winners
2010 – Dario Franchitti (100.542 mph)
2009 – Scott Dixon (108.541 mph)
2008 – Ryan Briscoe (94.873 mph)
2007 – Scott Dixon (107.222 mph)
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course Facts
13 turns, 2.258 miles
Track Lap Record:
Ryan Briscoe, 1:06.6814 / 121.905 mph (August 2009)
1962 (Celebrating 50th season in 2011)
7721 Steam Corners Road, Lexington, OH 44904
A driver who has finished on the podium at Mid-Ohio has gone on to with the championship each of the last four seasons.
2011 IndyCar Series Points Standings (Drivers expected to test in bold)
1. Dario Franchitti - 303
2. Will Power - 283 (-20)
3. Scott Dixon - 230 (-73)
4. Oriol Servia - 214 (-89)
5. Tony Kanaan - 211 (-92)
6. Ryan Briscoe - 193 (-110)
12. Helio Castroneves - 159 (-144)
24. James Jakes - 90 (-213)
28. Alex Lloyd - 58 (-245)
30. Sebastien Bourdais - 44 (-259)
Tickets for the Mid-Ohio Sports Car / The Honda Indy™ 200 at Mid-Ohio on August 5-7 can be purchased by calling 800-MID-OHIO (643-6446), visiting www.midohio.com
or stopping by the Mid-Ohio Call Center located at Gate 2. Advance weekend tickets start at $60 and children 12 and under receive free admission.