On exclusive days, we open our Honda Teen Defensive Driving Program to parents and allow mom or dad to take the class at the same time as son or daughter. You probably already taught your child how to drive, now help them excel behind the wheel by teaming up to take a Honda Defensive Driving Program. Spend great time with your teen learning key skills and becoming a better driver, together. Course begins at 9:00 am with registration. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends at approximately 3:30 pm. The program takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd, Lexington, OH.
Amount of Seat Time
- Discussion of driving basics, defensive driving behavior and vehicle safety
- Classroom session covering the physics and dynamics of good driving
- Wet braking drill
- Emergency lane change / collision avoidance drill
- Skid car drill simulating weather conditions such as ice, snow and rain
- Vehicle maintenance talk
Paddock Drills - 3 hours
This Course is Ideally Suited For:
- Newly permitted or licensed teenage driver
- A parent that would like to take the course with their new driver
*Schedule subject to change
- Sunday, April 7
- Saturday, May 11
- Friday, June 7
- Friday, August 9
- Sunday, September 22
$700 - Includes use of a Honda Civic EX Coupes for parent and child
Add an additional child or adult: $350
Child participant must be age 15 ½ and have a temporary permit or valid driver's license to enroll. Parent/guardian must sign a waiver for participant under the age of 18.
A parent is required to enroll in the program with teenager. Additional guest lunches are $8 each.
All participants, or their parent or guardian, are required to sign a liability waiver if using a school car. This waiver states, in the event of damage to the vehicle, you would be responsible for up to $1,500 in damages.