Our driver instruction services go well beyond would-be racers and automotive enthusiasts. We teach sales people, safety forces and anyone else who drives for a living how to be better behind the wheel. Our Fleet Training program focuses on safety and defensive driving, with skid car, wet braking and emergency lane change exercises. This customizable course is an ideal fit for companies with employees driving fleet vehicles, security personnel, chauffeurs, emergency service drivers, police officers and civic officials. The Mid-Ohio School will provide all vehicles for the driving drills or company vehicles may be incorporated into any part of the program at the request of the customer. Sign in begins at 9:00 am. Classroom session begins at 9:30 am and the day concludes by 6:00 pm. This course takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Amount of Seat Time
- Discussion on driving basics, driver focus, defensive driving behavior and vehicle safety
- Classroom session covering the physics and dynamics of good driving
- Cornering drills
- Skid car drill focusing on inclement weather issues such as oversteer and understeer as well as wet braking. Drivers will learn collision avoidance techniques and loss of control recovery skills
- Wet braking and turning drill with Anti Lock Braking System activated and de-activated
Paddock Drills - 4 hours
This Course is Ideally Suited For:
- Companies with employees driving corporate fleet vehicles
- Companies with employees who spend a share of work duties driving
- Companies interested in reducing the risk of employee driving injuries
Please call our sales department at 877-793-8667 for scheduling.
Contact our sales department at 419-884-4000 for pricing, scheduling and more information.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license to enroll.
All participants using school vehicles are required to sign a liability waiver stating, in the event of damages to the vehicle, you would be responsible for up to $1,500 in damages.