This is an affordable and convenient way to attack our Ladder Series of High Performance Courses. Take the Acura Advanced High Performance Course and Lapping Program on consecutive days and receive a discounted price. Registration begins at 9:00 am. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends no later than 6:00 pm. These courses take place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Attack the same course that challenges the world's top racers by breaking it down in to smaller segments and repeatedly practicing those segments. Refine your new high performance skills, learn more precise lines and apply these during high-speed cornering and lead follow lapping drills. The final step to open lapping includes instructor rides and passing drills before taking the green flag to several hours of open lapping with controlled passing. Participants must first complete the Acura High Performance Course. All driving instruction takes place on the racetrack! Registration begins at 9:00 am. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends no later than 6:00 pm. This courses takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Approximate Amount of Seat Time
- Short Classroom reviewing day one with Q&A and discussing subtleties and driving lines for a quick Mid-Ohio lap time
- Lead/follow Segment drills covering all corners of the race track in three smaller segments including Instructor rides
- Multiple laps riding with Instructor to further define proper lines, markers and techniques for open lapping
- Open lapping time for participants includes the option to Lead/Follow with Instructor, Instructor rides, Pit Lane downloads and critique
On Track Drills - 4 hours
On Track Open Lapping - 2 hours
*Subject to change
The Lapping Program is the most challenging - and fun - driving experience you'll ever have. Spend a full day lapping Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and see why the track is called the "Most Competitive in the U.S." The highly experienced instructors will teach you not only the fastest way around Mid-Ohio, but also the race craft to get you to the checkered flag first! Registration begins at 9:00 am. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends no later than 6:00 pm. This course takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Approximate Amount of Seat Time
- Van rides and a track walk examining the subtleties of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course with professional Championship winning Instructors
- Instructor lead-follow session to review and understand proper lines and techniques
- Full-course, open lapping sessions with controlled passing areas
- Options to lead/follow the instructors or ride with instructors during open lapping sessions
- Instructor observation, feedback and critique of driving skills at key, challenging areas of the track
On Track Drills - 1 hour
On Track Open Lapping - 4 hours or more *
*Subject to change
This Course is Ideally Suited For:
- Acura High Performance Program Graduates looking for a more in depth look at the challenging corners that make up Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
- Acura High Performance Program Graduates who want to take the next step and participate in open lapping sessions
- Car club members interested in a better understanding of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in a low traffic non racing environment
- Racers and Time Trial Drivers new to Mid-Ohio who want to master the circuit before that race weekend in a non racing environment
2016 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
*Schedule subject to change
*Please call (419)884-4000 to enroll.
$1,300 with your street-legal car
$150 per day additional for use of an Acura ILX
Participant lunch is provided. Additional lunches are available for purchase.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license to enroll.
Participants must have completed our Acura High Performance Course or another driving program with similar skill sets within 1 year of enrolled course.
All participants using a school vehicle are required to sign a liability waiver that states, in the event of damages to the vehicle, you would be responsible for up to $6,750 on day one and up to $6,750 on day two.
Using your street car for a class? The Mid-Ohio School recommends the following for all on-track programs:
Personal vehicles will be required to have, at a minimum, working factory installed restraint systems (working seat belts) or the equivalent. Tires should have at least 3/32 tread or be DOT approved race tires. Brake pads should be less than ¼ used, performance brake pads recommended. No visible fluid leaks. No convertibles unless equipped with competition permitted aftermarket roll cage or removable hardtop. No SUV's, vans or trucks permitted. Loaner helmets are available at the track.
Suggested maintenance to perform prior to arrival:
- Torque wheels to recommended specs
- Check/adjust tire pressure
- Flush brake fluid system
- Bring extra brake fluid and motor oil
- Bring a tire gauge; air is available at track
- Remove all loose items from vehicle
- Check tire pressure often during the day
- Re-torque wheels after one or two track sessions
"The two day Advanced High Performance Course I attended this week was great! The instructors can't be beat. I found myself becoming more confident as the time went by because I could anticipate what the car was going to do and plan ahead instead of just reacting."
"I can't begin to explain what a great time the two day Advanced High Performance Course was. Upon leaving after the second day I found that my abilities in my car were far beyond what I could have ever dreamed."
"Your two-day session was one of the best experiences I've had in my racing career."
--L. Jack Ruscilli
In-car video of Acura ILX on track at The Mid-Ohio School provided by Helix