This is an affordable and convenient way to attack our Ladder Series of High Performance Courses. Take the Acura High Performance Course and Acura Advanced High Performance Course on consecutive days and receive a discounted price! Sign in begins at 9:00 am. Classroom session begins at 9:30 am and the day concludes by 6:00 pm. This course takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Day One (Acura High Performance)
Learn why your vehicle performs the way it does and how to maximize that performance on the street for more driving enjoyment and to be prepared for any emergency situation. This course covers the physics and dynamics of precision driving then tests participant skills behind-the-wheel in intense off-track performance driving drills. The highlight of this entry level program includes an hour-long, on-track lapping session at day's end. Participants will also spend time driving the Honda S2000 roadster. Sign in begins at 9:00 am. Classroom session begins at 9:30 am and the day concludes by 6:00 pm. This course takes place at the venerable Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
Approximate Amount of Seat Time
- Classroom covers the physics and dynamics of precision driving
- Understand seating position and how it relates to your inputs to the controls
- Tests participants behind-the-wheel in intense, off-track high performance drills
- Skid car drill covers over-steer, under-steer and loss of control recovery
- High speed braking and turning drill dissects the corner and teaches emergency reactions
- Autocross/Line drill helps you perfect your timing and understand proper cornering techniques to be smooth and precise.
- Participate in an hour-long, on-track lapping session at the day's end
- Participants will also spend time driving the Honda S2000 Roadsters
Paddock Drills - 4 hours
On Track Lapping - 1 hour
*Subject to change
Day Two (Acura Advanced High Performance)
Attack the same course that challenges the world's top racers by breaking it down in to smaller segments and repeatedly practicing those segments. Refine your new high performance skills, learn more precise lines and apply these during high-speed cornering and lead follow lapping drills. The final step to open lapping includes instructor rides and passing drills before taking the green flag to several hours of open lapping with controlled passing. Participants must first complete the Acura High Performance Course. All driving instruction takes place on the racetrack! Registration begins at 9:00 am. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends no later than 6:00 pm. This courses takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Approximate Amount of Seat Time
- Short Classroom reviewing day one with Q&A and discussing subtleties and driving lines for a quick Mid-Ohio lap time
- Lead/follow Segment drills covering all corners of the race track in three smaller segments including Instructor rides
- Multiple laps riding with Instructor to further define proper lines, markers and techniques for open lapping
- Open lapping time for participants includes the option to Lead/Follow with Instructor, Instructor rides, Pit Lane downloads and critique
On Track Drills - 4 hours
On Track Open Lapping - 2 hours
*Subject to change
This Course Is Ideally Suited For:
- Performance driving enthusiasts with a desire to drive on Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in a controlled, safe and fun learning environment
- Car club members interested in a better understanding of vehicle dynamics and car control in a safe and controlled low traffic, non racing environment
- Aspiring drivers interested in learning the how's, what's, where's and why's of becoming a licensed open or closed wheel race car driver
- Any driver interested in learning to be a better driver and improving focus and behind the wheel skills
2016 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
*Schedule subject to change
$1,250 with your street-legal car
$150 per day additional for use of an Acura ILX
Participant lunch is provided. Additional lunches are available for purchase.
Cancellations or Changes must be received in writing (email, fax or letter). Upon receipt of the written notification, The Mid-Ohio School cancellations made 31 days or more prior to scheduled course date will be issued a refund less a $50 administrative charge. Reschedule for $0 fee.
Cancellations made 15-30 days prior to scheduled course date will be issued a 50% refund. Reschedule for $0 fee.
Cancellations made within 14 day prior to scheduled course date will not be issued a refund. Reschedule for $50 administrative charge.
NO SHOWS: If you do not show up for your scheduled course date, payments received will not be refunded. The Mid-Ohio School has no obligation to reschedule your course.
All courses will be held RAIN or SHINE.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license to enroll.
Teens who have successfully taken our Honda Teen Defensive Driving Program and have a valid driver's license may enroll in this course.
All participants using a school vehicle will be required to sign a liability waiver that states, in the event of damage to the vehicle, you would be responsible for up to $3500 in damages on day one and up to $6,750 in damages on day two.
Using your street car for a class? The Mid-Ohio School recommends the following for all on-track programs:
Personal vehicles will be required to have, at a minimum, working factory installed restraint systems (working seat belts) or the equivalent. Tires should have at least 3/32 tread or be DOT approved race tires. Brake pads should be less than ¼ used, performance brake pads recommended. No visible fluid leaks. No convertibles permitted on Day 2 unless equipped with competition permitted aftermarket roll cage or a removable hardtop. No SUV's, vans or trucks permitted. Loaner helmets are available at the track.
Suggested maintenance to perform prior to arrival:
- Torque wheels to recommended specs
- Check/adjust tire pressure
- Flush brake fluid system
- Bring extra brake fluid and motor oil
- Bring a tire gauge; air is available at track
- Remove all loose items from vehicle
- Check tire pressure often during the day
- Re-torque wheels after one or two track sessions
"I went to the school to learn the fundamentals of racing and also to do some lapping around Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. After I went once, I found that it was just not enough. There is so much to learn and the seat time behind the wheel becomes addictive."
--Bop Hallapy (Dublin, Ohio), Acura High Performance and Advanced High Performance graduate
"The activities were well planned, well paced, and expertly taught. Thanks to the entire Mid-Ohio School staff for a splendid experience."
In-car video of Acura ILX on track at The Mid-Ohio School provided by Helix