Attack the same course that challenges the world's top racers by breaking it down in to smaller segments and repeatedly practicing those segments. Refine your new high performance skills, learn more precise lines and apply these during high-speed cornering and lead follow lapping drills. The final step to open lapping includes instructor rides and passing drills before taking the green flag to several hours of open lapping with controlled passing. Participants must first complete the Acura High Performance Course. All driving instruction takes place on the racetrack! Registration begins at 9:00 am. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends no later than 6:00 pm. This courses takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Approximate Amount of Seat Time
- Short Classroom reviewing day one with Q&A and discussing subtleties and driving lines for a quick Mid-Ohio lap time
- Lead/follow Segment drills covering all corners of the race track in three smaller segments including Instructor rides
- Multiple laps riding with Instructor to further define proper lines, markers and techniques for open lapping
- Open lapping time for participants includes the option to Lead/Follow with Instructor, Instructor rides, Pit Lane downloads and critique
On Track Drills - 4 hours
On Track Open Lapping - 2 hours
*Subject to change
This Course Is Ideally Suited For:
- Acura High Performance Program Graduates looking for a more in depth look at the challenging corners that make up Mid Ohio Sports Car Course
- Acura High Performance Program Graduates who want to take the next step and participate in open lapping sessions
- Car club members interested in a better understanding of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in a low traffic non racing environment
- Racers and Time Trial Drivers new to Mid-Ohio who want to master the circuit before that race weekend in a non racing environment
2016 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
*Schedule subject to change
$750 with your street-legal car
$150 additional for use of an Acura ILX
Participant lunch is provided. Additional lunches are available for purchase.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license to enroll.
Participants must have completed the Acura High Performance Course within 1 year before enrolling in this course.
All participants using school vehicles will be required to sign a liability waiver that states, in the event of damage to the vehicle, you would be responsible for up to $6,750 in damages.
Using your street car for a class? The Mid-Ohio School recommends the following for all on-track programs:
Personal vehicles will be required to have, at a minimum, working factory installed restraint systems (working seat belts) or the equivalent. Tires should have at least 3/32 tread or be DOT approved race tires. Brake pads should be less than ¼ used, performance brake pads recommended. No visible fluid leaks. No convertibles unless equipped with competition permitted aftermarket roll cage or a removable hardtop. No SUV's, vans or trucks permitted. Loaner helmets are available at the track.
Suggested maintenance to perform prior to arrival:
- Torque wheels to recommended specs
- Check/adjust tire pressure
- Flush brake fluid system
- Bring extra brake fluid and motor oil
- Bring a tire gauge; air is available at track
- Remove all loose items from vehicle
- Check tire pressure often throughout the day
- Re-torque wheels after one or two track sessions
"The Mid-Ohio School programs were instrumental in my performance because of your excellent instructing, outstanding demonstrations, and quality feedback."
"I went to the school to learn the fundamentals of racing and also to do some lapping around Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. After I went once, I found that it was just not enough. There is so much to learn and the seat time behind the wheel becomes addictive."
--Bop Hallapy (Dublin, Ohio), Acura High Performance and Advanced High Performance graduate
In-car video of Acura ILX on track at The Mid-Ohio School provided by Helix