Want more track time? We all do! The Lapping Day Program is the one for you. You will spend a full day lapping Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and see why the track is called the "Most Competitive in the U.S." The highly experienced instructors will teach you not only the fastest way around Mid-Ohio, but also the race craft to get you to the checkered flag first! Participants must first complete the Acura Advanced High Performance Course, Acura Racing School, or another approved driving program with similar skill sets within the past 2 years or have a current license through NASA, SCCA, PCA BMWCCA or another eligible racing organization to enroll. Registration begins at 9:00 am. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends no later than 6:00 pm. This course takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Approximate Amount of Seat Time
- Van rides and a track walk examining the subtleties of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course with professional Championship winning Instructors
- Instructor lead-follow session to review and understand proper lines and techniques
- Full-course, open lapping sessions with controlled passing areas
- Options to lead/follow the instructors or ride with instructors during open lapping sessions
- Instructor observation, feedback and critique of driving skills at key, challenging areas of the track
On Track Drills - 1 hour
On Track Open Lapping - 4 hours or more *
*Subject to change
This Course Is Ideally Suited For:
Afternoon Lapping Option
- Racing School Day Three Graduates looking for more lapping
- Car club members interested in a better understanding of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in a low traffic non-racing environment
- Racers and Time Trial Drivers new to Mid-Ohio who want to master the circuit before that race weekend in a non racing environment
Think of it as an afternoon round of golf for the driving enthusiast. Fulfill your work commitments in the morning and then head to Mid-Ohio for some high performance driving to cap off the day. The Mid-Ohio School offers an afternoon option for the Lapping Program.
Eligible participants must have taken the Lapping Program within the last two years. Your on track lapping session will be from 2 pm - 4:30 pm. Lunch not provided.
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course provides the following Sunoco Fuels:
- Cam2 (Purple) Leaded 110 Octane
- Cam2 (Clear) Unleaded 100 Octane
- 260GTX Unleaded Non-Oxygenated 98 Octane
- Premium Unleaded 93 Octane
Octane ratings are calculated by r/m method. All fuel is delivered by certified metered pumps. Purchaser assumes all responsibilities for fuel selection. All sales are final. Pumps are Monday through Friday 8am-4pm, weekends from April 1-Nov 1 with same hours. Payment method is by major credit card only - including but not limited to: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Sunoco credit and cash cards. Cash cards are available at the souvenir booth (hours vary by event) located next to the paddock food stand. The cash cards will help alleviate the problem associated with repeated credit card use at the pumps and will increase the purchase amount to the amount on the card. Mid-Ohio Sporst Car Course cannot providetechnical data regarding fuel formulations or acceptability to sanctioning bodies. For more information regarding fuel formulations, please go to: www.bazellracefuels.com
FUEL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS OIL PRICES FLUCTUATE
2016 TENTATIVE SCHEDULE
*Schedule subject to change
*Please call (419)884-4000 to enroll.
$800 with your street-legal car
$300 for Afternoon Lapping session
$150 additional for use of an Acura ILX
Participant lunch is provided on full days. Additional lunches are available for purchase. Lunch not provided for afternoon sessions.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license to enroll.
- Must have completed our Acura Advance High Performance course, Acura Racing School, or another approved driving program with similar skill sets to enroll. This must have been done within the past year. If you have not completed our Acura Advance High Performance course or Acura Racing School you need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and give complete details of any other driving programs and skill sets you have completed so that a determination can be made regarding your eligibility for this program.
- Hold a racing license through NASA, SCCA, PCA BMWCCA or another eligible racing organization.
- Professional racer with previous experience running at Mid-Ohio.
All participants using a school vehicle must sign a liability waiver that states, in the event of damage to the vehicle, you would be responsible for up to $6,750 in damages.
All drivers should dress for the weather and must have closed toe shoes (no sandals or flip flops). Helmets must be worn while on track. The Mid-Ohio School has a limited supply of helmets that can be used at no additional charge but if you have your own, please bring it.
Using your street car for a class? The Mid-Ohio School recommends the following for all on-track programs:
Personal vehicles will be required to have, at a minimum, working factory installed restraint systems (working seat belts) or the equivalent. Tires should have at least 3/32 tread or be DOT approved race tires. Brake pads should be less than ¼ used, performance brake pads recommended. No visible fluid leaks. No convertibles unless equipped with competition permitted aftermarket roll cage or a removable hardtop. No SUV's, vans or trucks permitted.
Suggested maintenance to perform prior to arrival:
- Torque wheels to recommended specs
- Check/adjust tire pressure
- Flush brake fluid system
- Bring extra brake fluid and motor oil
- Bring a tire gauge; air is available at track
- Remove all loose items from vehicle
- Check tire pressure often during the day
- Re-torque wheels after one or two track sessions
"The extremely informative track walk gave me the knowledge to develop faster lines with smoothness & rhythm!"
In-car video of Acura ILX on track at The Mid-Ohio School provided by Helix