Always wanted to get your car on the track at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course? This is now the least expensive option! Get some track time at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in your qualified street car (Sorry no SUV's, vans or trucks eligible to participate.) Each group will receive three 20-minute open or lead-follow track sessions
, depending on driver qualifications.
- Open Track Time/Open Lapping
- For those drivers that have completed The Mid-Ohio Racing School Day Two or higher (ie Three Day School, Lapping) etc.
- Open Track Time/Limited Speed Lead-Follow
- For those drivers who have never been on a track before or has completed Racing School Day 1 / High Performance.
To ensure your safety and others participating, all cars are subject to random inspections before and throughout the test sessions. Convertibles are permitted in our Open Track Time - Limited Speed Lead/Follow Lapping Sessions only. No convertibles in Open Lapping Sessions unless equipped with proper aftermarket roll cage or a removable hardtop.
No passengers in any cars at any time. No exceptions. This program requires all drivers to use their own street legal vehicle.
- Full-course, open or lead-follow lapping in sessions by group
- Fuel will be available for purchase
- Registration begins at 3:30 p.m. in the school pavilion in the lower paddock, drivers' meeting held at 4:15p.m., with the first on track session starting between 4:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. depending on the day.
- Cam2 (Purple) Leaded 100 Octane
- Cam2 (Clear) Unleaded 100 Octane
- 260GTX Unleaded Non-Oxygenated 98 Octane
- Premium Unleaded 93 Octane
Pumps are available 24 hours a day and payment method is by major credit card only - including but not limited to: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Sunoco credit/cash cards.
Course Ideally Suited For:
- Graduates of The Mid-Ohio School High Performance, Advanced High Performance and Lapping programs
- PCA, BMWCCA, Audi and other Car Club Instructors or Experienced Club Track Event participants
- Novice Enthusiasts who want to explore The Mid-Ohio School programs
- Novice Enthusiasts who want to taste the thrill of high speed lapping in a lead-follow environment in their own car
All "open lapping
" drivers must be graduates of The Mid-Ohio Racing School Day Two or higher or present proof of a current SCCA PDX, NASA HPDE or other car club credentials to provide documentation of the completion of an on track course including being signed off by an Instructor to drive solo. All other drivers just need a qualified street car.
- Thursday, April 24
- Thursday, May 15
- Thursday, May 22
- Thursday, September 25
*Schedule subject to change
$195 with the use of your own street legal car
- Special: Buy four, get the fifth free!
- Order must be called in and all four enrollments must be on the same order
Drivers must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
All drivers must complete The Mid-Ohio School's Damage to Participant Vehicle Waiver form.
Must have completed our Racing School Day 2 or higher or another approved driving program with similar skill sets to enroll.
All drivers should dress for the weather and must have closed toe shoes (no sandals or flip flops). Helmets must be worn while on track. The Mid-Ohio School has a limited supply of helmets that can be used at no additional charge but if you have your own, please bring it.
Using your street car for Open Track Time sessions? The Mid-Ohio School recommends the following for all on-track programs:
Personal vehicles will be required to have, at a minimum, working factory installed restraint systems (working seat belts) or the equivalent. Tires should have at least 3/32 tread or be DOT approved race tires. Brake pads should be less than ¼ used, performance brake pads recommended. No visible fluid leaks. Convertibles are permitted in our Open Track Time - Limited Speed Lead/Follow Lapping Sessions only. No convertibles in Open Track Time - Open Lapping Sessions unless equipped with proper aftermarket roll cage or a removable hardtop.
No SUV's, vans or trucks permitted. Loaner helmets are available at the track.
Suggested maintenance to perform prior to arrival:
- Torque wheels to recommended specs
- Check/adjust tire pressure
- Flush brake fluid system
- Bring extra brake fluid and motor oil
- Bring a tire gauge; air is available at track
- Remove all loose items from vehicle
- Check tire pressure often during the day
- Re-torque wheels after one or two track sessions
Any additional car used for on track sessions by the same driver is subject to 50% of the standard enrollment fee.