No annual membership fee is required to ride in Performance Track Riding events at The Mid-Ohio School!
Get on the track for one or two full days of track lapping on your sportbike. All skill levels are encouraged to participate, from NOVICE, INTERMEDIATE, INTERMEDIATE (Experienced) and ADVANCED riders. Our instructors will aid you in cornering skills, visual skills, body position, throttle control, steering input, lean angle and entry speed. Work on line selection and traction management and brush up on track flags and terminology. All participants must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license to participate in Performance Track Riding Programs. Riders must begin in the NOVICE group and can advance upon approval from the coaching staff.
Types of Events
Standard Events (Single-Day and Two-Day):
This course will be broken up into three groups: 1-NOVICE, 2-INTERMEDIATE & INTERMEDIATE (Experienced) and 3-ADVANCED by skill level to ensure a quality experience for everyone. All riders must have ridden at least 3 times and have evaluation by instructors before advancing to the next level. Riders average 2 hours of track time each day of this course. Lunch included.
Max-Time Twilight Events:
Open to INTERMEDIATE (Experienced) and ADVANCED riders only. Intermediate(exp) riders will take the track for one 15 minute warm up session and then the advanced riders will do the same. Following the warm up sessions, all riders will be on track at the same time for the remainder of the event. Instructors will still be available to assist you at any time and the checkered flag will fly every 1/2 hour to insure that you come into the pits, take a break and get a drink before heading back out for more fun. To enroll in one of these events you should have ridden in intermediate(exp) or advanced levels at least 3 times in the past 12 months. This is to make sure you are comfortable riding with intermediate (exp) and advanced riders at the same time. These events have a riding start time of 5:00 pm and an end time of DUSK. Remember, that means the ending time will vary depending on what month of the year these events are held. Lunch not included.
||Approximate Track Time
||2 hours, 30 minutes
All track times are approximate
*Late pricing takes effect within 10 days from the date of your choice.
**Open to Intermediate(exp) and Advanced riders only. Riding time dependent on time of year.
Registration and Bike Tech for all standard day and 2 day events opens at 7:00 am and on track riding begins at 8:45 am sharp unless otherwise noted.
Registration and Bike Tech for all Max-Time Twilight events opens at 3:30 pm and on track riding begins at approximately 5:00 pm.
No pets are permitted on Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course property.
Camping inside Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course is permitted on select Performance Track Riding event dates.
Frequent Rider Program
In every day life, there are things outside of our control. Traffic. Taxes. Weather. The Mid-Ohio School’s Frequent Rider Program is a relief.
The Frequent Rider Program was designed to allow for life’s little uncertainties. Simply ride four or more days in 2016 and reap the rewards. Those who ride four days will be protected from weather or any other unforeseen circumstances that keep them from the fun. Can’t make it to the track on one
day that you’ve already scheduled? Don’t like the way the weather looks when you wake up? Call up to 72 hours after the event and let us know when you’d like to come back...no questions asked, no reschedule fee.
Ride seven days and be protected on two
of those seven. Those who ride ten or more days receive three
days with one additional, huge opportunity... One of these riders will be chosen in a drawing at our 2016 Frequent Rider Appreciation Day to ride for free in 2017!
All Frequent Rider Program members are locked into the regular price rate, even if you schedule a track day at the 11th hour.
For full details on the program visit our Policies and Conditions
Need Track Day Assistance or Want to Connect with Other Customers?
For all your track day questions, concerns, recaps, or staying connected with your peers, visit one of the following online forums officially supported by The Mid-Ohio School:
- Cam2 (Purple) Leaded 100 Octane
- Cam2 (Clear) Unleaded 100 Octane
- 260GTX Unleaded Non-Oxygenated 98 Octane
- Premium Unleaded 93 Octane
Octane ratings are calculated by r/m method. All fuel is delivered by certified metered pumps. Purchaser assumes all responsibilities for fuel selection. All sales are final. Pumps are Monday through Friday 8am-4pm, weekends from April 1-Nov 1 with same hours. Payment method is by major credit card only - including but not limited to: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and Sunoco credit and cash cards. Cash cards are available at the souvenir booth (hours vary by event) located next to the paddock food stand. The cash cards will help alleviate the problem associated with repeated credit card use at the pumps and will increase the purchase amount to the amount on the card. Mid-Ohio Sporst Car Course cannot providetechnical data regarding fuel formulations or acceptability to sanctioning bodies. For more information regarding fuel formulations, please go to: www.bazellracefuels.com
FUEL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS OIL PRICES FLUCTUATE
*Schedule subject to change
*Please call (419)884-4000 to enroll. (Gift Certificates available here)
May 22 Twilight
June 18 Twilight
July 3 Twilight
July 23 Twilight
July 24 Twilight
August 20 Twilight
September 7 Appreciation Day for Frequent Rider Program
September 10 Twilight
September 11 Twilight
October 2 Twilight
Free paddock camping available on the following dates:
May 15th, 16th, 22nd, 23rd
June 12th, 13th, 18th
August 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 31st
September 4th, 5th, 6th
Order 10 days prior to a track day to receive the regular rate. Once inside the late window, there will be a $20 late fee added per enrollment.
1 Day event - $195 / Late: $215
2 Day event - $365 / Late: $385
Garage rental - $50/day
Leather rental - $75/day
Max Time Twilight (Experienced Intermediate and Advanced riders) - $150 / Late: $170
Cancellations or Changes must be received in writing (email, fax or letter). Upon receipt of the written notification, The Mid-Ohio School cancellations made 31 days or more prior to scheduled course date will be issued a refund less a $25 administrative charge.
Events rescheduled between ten (10) days and six (6) days before an event will be assessed a $25 rescheduling fee.
Events rescheduled between five (5) days and two (2) days before an event will be assessed a $50 rescheduling fee. Participant may resell their spot(s) to a qualified rider at a price equal to or less than originally paid at no additional charge. Written notification of such transfer must be sent to The Mid-Ohio School in writing (email, fax, or letter).
Rescheduling will not be allowed within 48 hours of the event, and fees paid will not be refunded.
NO SHOWS: If you do not show up for your scheduled course date, payments received will not be refunded. The Mid-Ohio School has no obligation to reschedule your course.
All riding sessions will be held RAIN or SHINE.
Rider Gear Requirements
- All bikes MUST pass technical inspection prior to being permitted on to the track. It is the sole responsibility of the rider to ensure their bike meets these requirements. If a bike fails tech inspection, it may be presented for re-inspection at any time. If a bike is involved in a crash it must be re-inspected prior to being permitted on to the track. No refunds will be made for bikes, which fail to pass tech inspection.
- All bikes must be prepared to endure high speeds on track. All parts must be fastened securely and adjusted correctly.
- All fuel, coolant, hydraulic and lubrication systems must be fluid tight (see below for additional information for Advanced and Intermediate bikes).
- Tires must be in good condition, without signs of excessive wear. Tire valves must have caps. Wheel weights must be taped.
- Brakes must be in good working order with a minimum of 1.5mm of pad remaining. Discs must not be excessively worn or loose.
- All bikes must have a functioning, well-marked engine cut-off switch on the handlebar near the right hand grip.
- Throttles must operate smoothly and be self-closing.
- Any glass or plastic lenses must be taped completely. Mirrors and turn indicators are permitted in the NOVICE GROUP ONLY. All others must be removed.
- Center stands are NOT permitted in the ADVANCED and INTERMEDIATE GROUPS and we recommend removing them for the NOVICE GROUP.
- ADVANCED and INTERMEDIATE GROUP machines must use a non-ethylene glycol coolant. Water and/or water wetter, or propylene glycol solutions such as Evans, Engine Ice, Liquid Performance, or 7th gear, are permitted.
- ADVANCED and INTERMEDIATE GROUP machines must have oil drain plugs, oil filler caps, and oil filters secured. We recommend safety wire, but will accept application of RTV silicone to the fitting.
- It is recommended that any filler/drain for any fluid system be secured. Fluid leaks on the track shorten everyone’s day.
- License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.
- All riders must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
- All riders must wear a damage-free full-face helmet with a properly fitted face shield. DOT certification is a minimum requirement; SNELL, ECE, or other enhanced certification is recommended. Modular (flip-up) helmets are permitted in NOVICE GROUP only.
- All riders must wear full-finger gauntlet style gloves.
- All riders must wear sturdy over the ankle boots.
- All riders must wear one or two-piece suits with substantial reinforcement and padding in critical areas (knees, elbows, shoulders at a minimum.)
- ADVANCED and INTERMEDIATE GROUP riders must wear one or two piece leather suits designed for motorcycle use. Two-piece leathers must provide substantial attachment between jacket and pants.
- NOVICE GROUP riders must wear one or two piece leather or textile suits. It is recommended that two-piece suits provide attachment between jacket and pants.
- ADVANCED and INTERMEDIATE GROUP riders MUST wear a back protector designed for motorcycle competition in lieu of, or in addition to, the standard back padding in their suit.
Cancellations may only be made (in writing-email, fax or letter) more than thirty days before the scheduled event. A refund will be issued less a $25 administrative fee on the enrollment. Participant may resell their spot(s) to a qualified rider at a price equal too or less than originally paid at no additional charge. Written notification of such transfer must be sent to The Mid-Ohio School in writing (e-mail, fax or letter).
Events rescheduled ten (10) days or more days before an event will be assessed a $25 rescheduling fee. Events rescheduled between nine (9) days and two (2) days before an event will be assessed a $50 rescheduling fee. Rescheduling will not be allowed within 48 hours of the event, and fees paid will not be refunded.
All riding sessions will be held RAIN or SHINE.
NO SHOWS. If you do not show up for your scheduled course date, payments received will not be refunded. The Mid-Ohio School has no obligation to reschedule or refund your course.
The Mid-Ohio Motorcycle Riding School, Inc. reserves the right to dismiss any student from class who either cannot meet the objectives of the course or becomes a danger to his or her self, or anyone else during the course. There will be no refund of any kind issued in this case.
"Very well organized, very punctual on times ... everything was very well communicated ... the instructors/control riders were very informative ... I couldn't have asked for any better day."
"My father and I attended the 06/04/07 date and were completely blown away by the organization, professionalism, and obvious commitment you show towards safety and making it possible for every level of rider to significantly progress in one day."
"My husband and I were both highly impressed with the availability of rider coaches willing to teach, as we were very happy to learn all that we could."
--Ken and Mandi Arner
"I just wanted to take a minute to let you know that our recent trip to the Mid-Ohio track was awesome. We had never been to this particular track before, so we weren't sure what to expect. I must say, without a doubt, this was one of the most enjoyable track days. For me, I experienced great kindness from many of the staff members. The staff here were more than accommodating. I have never been allowed to get so close to the track to photograph these events. Your track hospitality was very much noticed and appreciated. We most certainly plan on coming back to this track."
--Eva Gillespie and Shane Cochran
"This was my first experience at [Mid-Ohio], and thereby my first experience with the school itself, and I have to say that it was a simply amazing experience. My experience with my instructor for [the track day] was the best I've had yet. The way everything is organized is fantastic, but the time and attention he took in building my confidence and abilities is really what set everything apart. He was patient, enthusiastic, and absurdly knowledgeable about everything on the track, and his personality and positivity were the best I've run into yet. I have a new favorite track, and I just wanted to take a minute to thank you all for the experience."