Want more track time? We all do! The Lapping Day Program is the one for you. You will spend a full day lapping Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course and see why the track is called the "Most Competitive in the U.S." The highley experienced instructors will teach you not only the fastest way around Mid-Ohio, but also the race craft to get you to the checkered flag first! Participants must first complete the Racing School Day Three to enroll. Registration begins at 9:00 am. Class begins at 9:30 am and ends no later than 6:00 pm. This course takes place at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, 7721 Lexington-Steam Corners Rd., Lexington, Ohio.
Amount of Seat Time
- Van rides and a track walk examining the subtleties of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course with professional Championship winning Instructors
- Instructor lead-follow session to review and understand proper lines and techniques
- Full-course, open lapping sessions with controlled passing areas
- Options to lead/follow the instructors or ride with instructors during open lapping sessions
- Instructor observation, feedback and critique of driving skills at key, challenging areas of the track
- Instructor critique of in car video at participants request
On Track Drills - 1 hour
On Track Open Lapping - 4 hours or more *
* - Actual track time is subject to student entrollment
This Course Is Ideally Suited For:
New Afternoon Lapping Option
- Racing School Day Three Graduates looking for more lapping
- Car club members interested in a better understanding of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in a low traffic non-racing environment
- Racers and Time Trial Drivers new to Mid-Ohio who want to master the circuit before that race weekend in a non racing environment
Think of it as an afternoon round of golf for the driving enthusiast. Fulfill your work commitments in the morning and then head to Mid-Ohio for some high performance driving to cap off the day. The Mid-Ohio School is now offering an afternoon option for the Lapping Program.
Eligible participants must have taken the Lapping Program within the last two years, and this option is only available using the school’s Acura ILX car. Join us for lunch and your on track lapping session will be from 2 pm - 4:30 pm. Price is $595.
*Schedule subject to change
- Wednesday, April 30
- Thursday, May 15
- Thursday, May 22
- Thursday, July 3
- Thursday, August 21
Thursday, September 18 - CANCELLED
- Thursday, September 25
Thursday, October 9 - CANCELLED $920 including use of an Acura ILX
$675 with your street-legal car
$595 for Afternoon Lapping session
- Special: Buy 4, get the fifth one free! Good throughout the year!
- OR: Buy 3, get the fourth one at 50% off!
- Orders must be called in and placed on the same order.
Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid driver's license to enroll.
Must have completed our Racing School Day 3 or higher or another approved driving program with similar skill sets to enroll. This must have been done within the past 2 years.
- If you have not completed our Racing School Day Three you need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and give complete details of any other driving programs and skill sets you have completed so that a determination can be made regarding your eligibility for this program.
Hold a racing license through NASA, SCCA, PCA BMWCCA or another eligible racing organization.
Professional racer with previous experience running at Mid-Ohio.
All participants using a school vehicle must sign a liability waiver that states, in the event of damage to the vehicle, you would be responsible for up to $6,750 in damages.
Using your street car for a class? The Mid-Ohio School recommends the following for all on-track programs:
Personal vehicles will be required to have, at a minimum, working factory installed restraint systems (working seat belts) or the equivalent. Tires should have at least 3/32 tread or be DOT approved race tires. Brake pads should be less than ¼ used, performance brake pads recommended. No visible fluid leaks. No convertibles unless equipped with proper aftermarket roll cage or a removable hardtop. No SUV's, vans or trucks permitted. Loaner helmets are available at the track.
Suggested maintenance to perform prior to arrival:
- Torque wheels to recommended specs
- Check/adjust tire pressure
- Flush brake fluid system
- Bring extra brake fluid and motor oil
- Bring a tire gauge; air is available at track
- Remove all loose items from vehicle
- Check tire pressure often during the day
- Re-torque wheels after one or two track sessions
"The extremely informative track walk gave me the knowledge to develop faster lines with smoothness & rhythm!"
In-car video of Acura ILX on track at The Mid-Ohio School provided by Helix