Open Test and Tune
Get some track time at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in your competition car! Perfect for testing that new build, scrubbing some tires, calibrating the brakes, and fine tuning your qualifying and race set ups. During the evening twilight sessions
option, each group will receive a minimum
of three 20-minute track sessions
depending on the size of the group. On Competition Course
days, participants will receive two hours of track time
broken into four sessions. No instructor feedback will be offered with either option. Each participant will need to have a racing license or car club competition license to enroll.
All cars are subject to random inspections throughout the test sessions.
No passengers in any cars at any time. No exceptions.
You must be a licensed racing or car club competitor and must use your own race car on all Open Test & Tune sessions. Special Open Track Time sessions are made available for the public using street-legal cars on select Open Test & Tune Twilight session dates. See Open Track Time course description under our High Performance section for more details.
- Full-course, open lapping in sessions by group.
- Race fuel will be available for purchase
- Registration begins at 3:30 pm with the first on track session starting between 4:45 - 5:00 pm depending on the day.
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course provides the following Sunoco Fuels:
- Cam2 (Purple) Leaded 110 Octane
- Cam2 (Clear) Unleaded 100 Octane
- 260GTX Unleaded Non-Oxygenated 98 Octane
- Premium Unleaded 93 Octane
Pumps are available 24 hours a day and payment method is by major credit card only - including but not limited to: Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Sunoco credit and cash cards. Cash cards are available at the souvenir booth located next to the paddock food stand. The cash cards will help alleviate the problem associated with repeated credit card use at the pumps and will increase the purchase amount to the amount on the card.
Course Ideally Suited For:
- Pro Racing and Club Racing drivers looking for a set up to turn a faster laps at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course.
- Aspiring racers interested in a better understanding of Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, one of the most challenging race tracks in the U.S.
- Racers and Time Trial Drivers new to Mid-Ohio who want to learn and practice the circuit before that race weekend in a non-racing environment.
All drivers must present proof of a current SCCA, NASA Competition or HPDE4 license, Professional Sports Car Racing, VSCDA, SVRA, Vintage National License, RCCA, Pro-Rally, NASCAR, CART, FIA, EMRA, car club competition license or CASC license. Certificates documenting the completion of a racing course from an accredited driving school within the past 12 months may also be accepted.